The Cube of Flesh is a spiteful creature. It’s the result of a Frankensteinian experiment gone wrong, as a mad sorcerer and alchemist tried to create a flesh golem out of several corpses, but somehow got mixed up in the animating maelstrom during the ritual.
As flesh from hanged criminals fused together by means of forbidden magic, the alchemists soul was forced into the floating abomination, trapping it there with the lingering ghosts of murderers.
The alchemist went insane, of course, and fled into the underworld. It now stalks the dark abyss, muttering curses.
The Cube of flesh is not fully undead, the alchemist’s soul is still very much alive, but its cube-shaped vessel is haunted by the spirits of the corpses that was used to create it. It is absolutely mad by the ghost-induced schizophrenia.
- The Cube of Flesh will live forever, unless killed. It does not age
- It eats flesh (although technically it doesn’t need to) – it is always hungry
- The ghosts that haunts it can be driven away by the use of appropriate divine magic – it would ease some of its suffering
- It floats
- It can see in the dark
- It can move extremely quiet, but spends most of it’s time muttering, screaming and arguing with itself, so adventurers might very well be lucky enough to hear it before it sees them
- It can not be flanked in battle
- It attacks with bites or spitting acidic phlegm
- It’s skin is quite tough, like hardened leather – it will be tough to kill with mundane weapons!
- It is big, and weighs several tonnes
- If slain, the fleshy vessel can be searched and will reveal several magic and alchemical components of considerable worth
- It is intelligent and understand several languages, so theoretically it could be bargained with, however it is absolutely insane and hates all living things and will be extremely hard to reason with